Bring your company to the next level – self-organisation
The challenges you may be facing
“We would like to develop transversality and collaboration across the company so the teams truly synchronise efficiently, but we are stuck in silos.”
“In our complex business, perimeters are unclear and we have on-going tensions on who is in charge of what.”
Reengineer your teams into self-organised, purpose driven groups with clear roles.
Teams of up to 15 people.
4 months including 2 days training, 2 months shadow coaching and 1 day retrospective.
Tools and methods:
Holacracy and Sociocracy tools, coaching.
“How it is organised…”
“How it is organised..”
Adaptive Governance is a transformation programme that designs the organisation you need to fulfil your purpose, and more importantly it maintains this optimal roles structure by evolving over time. We have taken elements from Agile and Holacracy methodologies together with our own experience from change management and organisational development and created a programme that prove high return on investment.
How we work
1. Diagnosis: Assessment of the team to address their concerns and meet them where they are.
2. Build: Defining the higher purpose and the roles required to fulfil it (practicing the meetings formats Operations, Strategy, Governance and Regulation meetings).
3. Run: Facilitating and shadowing coach during 8 to 10 meetings and ending with retrospection to assess the transformation made.
Multinational IT Company
This 50M€ IT project was bogged down in politics, red tape, and silos mentalities that threatened the future of the company. Everyone’s calendar was wall to wall with meetings, yet nothing was getting done, at least not before 18:00. The project team had to find a new way of working to bring the project dramatically forward.
The transversal team that managed the project fulltime took the first step of organising themselves using the basics of Holacracy: clarifying their higher purpose and the roles required for it. The roles were no more based on the hierarchy in place but completely reviewed on centered on the project. Most importantly, a “power shift” was made: not only everyone’s role was now crystal clear, coherent and aligned with the goal, but real accountability was distributed in the roles, empowering everyone to take initiative without being ruled out by a boss, and giving to the teams (circles) the concrete tools to self-manage.
In each circle, operations synchronisation and decision-making was now made in meetings in a clear manner, with an elected facilitator focusing the quality and the performance of every meeting process. Once these new ways of working were ingrained in the group after 6 weeks with Fabric coaching and shadowing, new circles were created around the first group, inviting other actors into the process, despite many of them still enmeshed in their traditional hierarchical matrix structure.
• A declared overall performance increase of 25% after 18 month based on the following effects
• Empowerment and initiative at every level thanks to clear roles, no overlap, people know who does what
• Better resources management by integration of key actors at early stage in the process
• Better risk management thanks to “tensions processing” methods
• Less meetings, more ecient ones
• Better synchronization and operational coordination
• Better working climate
You may also be interested in
While working methods are undergoing a major transformation, companies have retained a model and modes of governance that date back to the early 20th century. Holaspirit provides organizations with a software solution to enable them to describe their business model using the principle of agile: transparency, iteration and collaboration. Holaspirit allows you to:
– Have at all times an accurate representation of the organization in the form of circles and roles and identify “who does what” in a clear way,
– Implement shared or distributed governance across all roles of the organization,
– Develop collaboration and improve performance through additional task, OKR and project management applications.
Founded in 2016, Holaspirit has been adopted by more than 400 organizations in 30 countries including De Volksbank, Boldare, Eco-Counter, Enedis, Hypoport, KPN, Swiss Post, Liip, Novotel, SBB, Tochka, XSolve, etc.
More information: https://www.holaspirit.com